September 2, 2012 by New Capel Street: Fabric Division
Since last I posted, I have finished the doublet for B, and made belt sashes for J and S, and a banner for R. For myself, I have made a coat and umpteen project bags. Unfortunately, you’ll have to take my word for it, because I don’t own a camera. It’s a pretty serious limitation for a blogger, particularly a blogger that focuses on making things, and one that will probably have to wait until next paycheck to rectify. I love seeing progress pictures, especially ones that then go on to show the finished object in use, and it’s something I can see being very useful to me in the long run.
So, my crafty goals for the next few months, in no particular order.
- Finish my Ravellenic Games project, which has fallen into the problem of too much Other Stuff and become becalmed.
- Knit two hats for larpers.
- Make an entire kit wardrobe for my new character.
- Acquire camera and start to collect photos of my makes in action. There’s not much point in documenting the stuff that was made a few years ago, because I’ll have probably forgotten the details and the little struggles that I imagine make writing a costuming blog interesting.
- Spin and ply up the five bags of alpaca that are taking up space on my stash shelves.
- Knit said alpaca into something fabulously squooshy.
- Put together a blogroll or list of the maker blogs I follow. With my beloved iGoogle going the way of the dodo soon, I’d hate to lose all of those.
Seems achievable before Giftmas, right?